- Wheel track obstruction – This usually occurs when something strikes the track that the garage door rides in and damages it. If it's bent, badly dented, or broken, this will prevent the rollers from moving through the track, preventing the door from opening. The average cost for track repair is around $150.
- Spring issues – The springs that are attached to your garage door assist with opening and closing. Many garage doors today use a center mounted torsion spring, or a spring that creates force by rotating. When these springs are off balance, your door will often open and close unevenly. If the door slams to the ground, they probably don't have enough tension. You can expect to pay at least 300 dollars to have your springs or cables replaced.
- Rollers – The rollers on your garage door will wear out over time. When your garage door starts to bounce, jolt, and jerk as it moves up and down the track, it's probably time to replace your rollers. Rollers can usually be purchased for around 10 dollars each and are pretty simple to replace.
- Hinges – The hinges on your door are another relatively simple repair. Expect the hinge to cost around 10 dollars and the repair itself to take no more than a half hour.
- Glass – Glass in garage doors is fairly standard. If it's broken and needs to be replaced, you can expect it to cost around 125 dollars per pane if it's done by a professional.
Has your garage door ever broken? Have you ever found yourself trapped at home because you can’t get your garage door open to get your car out? If so, you know how frustrating that can be. If you haven’t, consider yourself fortunate. However, you may be wondering how much a garage door repair will cost. Having professional garage door repair technicians come to your home in Marietta may sound like a rather large expense. The truth though, is that it all depends on what is wrong with your garage door. The average repair cost nationwide hovers around $216, but let’s break that number down a little.
These repair costs are a general average that will be affected by your location. One of the best things you can do is find a company that provides 24-hour emergency garage door services in the Marietta area before you need a repair. That way you'll know who to contact when your garage door stops working correctly. You should be aware there may be an additional charge for after hour garage door services in Marietta. However, it will be worth it so that you don’t miss any vital appointments or events.
Stay up-to-date with trends, products, and tips on how to maintain your garage.