- Bad springs: Garage door springs must be wound tightly to open and shut the door. Broken springs must always be repaired by professionals to prevent injuries.
- Broken openers: Electrical issues and motor problems can affect automatic garage door openers and make it hard for the garage door to open and close.
- Noisy doors: Bearing, hinges, and the wheel track need lubrication to work well. If these parts aren't lubricated, then the door can jam and won't open or close all the way.
- Track problems: When a door comes off the track, it becomes off-balanced. Homeowners shouldn't try to fix this problem because garage doors are heavy, and accidents can happen.
- Cable issues: Cables work with garage door springs to make sure the door opens and closes correctly. When cables are installed or repaired incorrectly, this affects the door's functionality.
- Sensor problems: If something is blocking the sensor, the door won't open or shut all the way. Even something as minor as dust or frost can affect the sensor.
Are you wondering why your garage door isn’t working properly? Check out these 6 common garage door issues:
Stay up-to-date with trends, products, and tips on how to maintain your garage.